At a remote residence, petroleum hydrocarbons leaked from a UST into the underlying groundwater and soil creating a health and ecology risk to the residents and local environment. Soil concentrations of PHCs included:
- BTEX (maximum concentration of 152 μg/g)
- F1 & F2 (maximum concentration of 7,000 μg/g)
- F3 & F4 (maximum concentration of 6,200 μg/g)
Scope of Work
- Acquired all relevant permits to complete the remediation program.
- Designed and optimized an in-situ program to maximize treatment efficiencies.
- Implemented a program that minimized capital expenditures and infrastructure.
The Vertex Approach
- Chemical oxidation and enhanced aerobic biodegradation
- Multiple applications
- Under floor slab and footing
- Injection of chemical oxidant
- > 1,350 kg of RegenOx
- Injections completed using:
- Horizontal & vertical wells
- Over 5,500 L of oxidant solution delivered to impacted areas
- Residents able to remain in house
- Structure not affected
- RegenOx solution effectively distributed thoroughout impacts areas
- Remediation objectives met for:
- F1 & F2
- F3 & F4