Who We Are
Vertex Environmental Inc. is a specialized environmental contracting firm with a focus on groundwater and soil remediation. Here at Vertex, we work in a team-based environment, to offer innovative solutions to environmental problems.
We focus on in-situ and ex-situ remediation, including in-situ chemical oxidation (ISCO), in-situ chemical reduction (ISCR), enhanced bioremediation, and more. In addition to this, we use a variety of treatment systems, such as pump and treat (P&T), soil vapour extraction (SVE) and multi-phase extraction (MPE). Here at Vertex we also offer specialized High-Resolution Site Characterization (HRSC) services using various probes, and are able to perform in-house bench-scale testing and on-site pilot-scale testing.
Here at Vertex, our employees enjoy the challenge and the excitement of working together to successfully complete the work that we do. We take great pride in our work and remain experts in the field, constantly innovating and advancing our techniques and technologies. As our work is often different from job site to job site and sometimes is even new to the Canadian environmental marketplace, our employees have a high level of satisfaction constantly learning and evolving with new experiences
Current Job Opportunities
Vertex is in compliance with AODA Regulations and is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to apply for any positions listed below please contact
Vertex Environmental Inc. is one of Canada’s leading environmental contracting companies that specializes in In-Situ (underground) and Ex-Situ (above ground) Remediation, High Resolution Site Characterization, Air and Water Treatment Systems, Remedial Design and Bench-Scale Testing.
Vertex is always looking for great people and has a need for senior field staff at this time. The Senior Field Technician position is responsible for participating in and overseeing specialized field operations, assistant field staff, subcontractors and equipment. Many of our work sites are in Ontario, but we also do work across Canada on a regular basis. Most of the leading environmental consultants and general contracting firms across Canada look to Vertex to help solve their most challenging environmental issues.
Currently Vertex is offering positions for full time employment.
- Focus on Health and Safety
- Team player (client, consultant, sub-contractors)
- Desire to mentor / train others
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel for extended periods of time, when needed (this is not a desk job!)
A background in the environmental or construction fields is an asset
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid G driver’s license and insurable
- Competent in operating heavy-duty trucks (i.e., ¾ and 1 tonne) and trailers
- Mechanically inclined (basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry skills)
- Working with pumps and small engines is an asset
- Forklift certification is an asset
Job Responsibilities include:
- Implementing and monitoring Health and Safety procedures in the field
- Leading on-site remediation work, including injections and soil mixing activities
- Working with on-site client (consultant) and Vertex’s Project Manager (PM)
- Working with and directing on-site sub-contractors
- Working with and supervising the Assistant Field Technician(s) on-site
- On site mixing of remediation chemicals and operating injection pumps
- Handling chemicals, recording notes, and communicating progress/issues to the PM
- Working safely around construction equipment (excavators, dump trucks, etc.)
- Cleaning and maintaining of trailers, trucks, pumps, and small engines
- Completion of job specific paperwork
Working at Vertex is the opportunity of a lifetime! If you fit the bill, then we are interested in you and look forward to welcoming you into the Vertex family! Apply online today.
Vertex Environmental is Canada’s leading environmental contracting company, specializing in In-Situ (underground) and Ex-Situ (above ground) Remediation, High Resolution Site Characterization (HRSC), Air and Water Treatment Systems, Remedial Design and Bench-Scale Testing.
We are always looking for great people and have a need for Field Technicians at this time. Many of our projects are located in Ontario, but we work across Canada on a regular basis. We pride ourselves in the fact that most of the leading environmental consultants and general contracting firms across Canada look to Vertex Environmental to help solve their most challenging environmental issues.
Working at Vertex Environmental is the opportunity of a lifetime! If you fit the bill, then we are interested in you and look forward to you joining our family! Apply today.
Currently we are offering this position for full time employment.
Responsible for timely and punctual service to internal and external customers relating to environmental remediation projects ranging from bench-scale experimental designs, in-situ remedial injection programs, ex-situ bioremediation projects, and HRSC projects. A Field Technician works under the direction of the Lead Field Technician and Project Manager at Vertex Environmental.
- Focus on Health and Safety
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Willing to do physical labour, work outdoors and put in long hours
Specific Job Functions:
- Loading of chemicals into vehicles
- Review project documentation prior to traveling to the site
- On-site job prep – equipment for injection
- On-site tilling, mixing and injection of chemicals
- Completion of job specific paperwork (injection logs and time sheets)
- Record notes and communicate progress/issues to the Project Manager
- Cleaning and maintaining of trailers, trucks, pumps & small engines
- Maintain PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Ensure valid WHMIS & TDG certificates are with you at all times during the job
- Other organization and maintenance activities around the shop, as needed
- Valid G Driver’s License and insurable
- Ability to travel and stay in a hotel for extended periods of time, sometimes over weekends without returning home for the week
- High School Graduate
- Familiar and competent with heavy duty trucks (i.e., ¾ and 1 tonne)
- Construction experience an asset
- Forklift certification an asset
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive
Visit our About Us page to learn more about our company, including our employees, resources, and our workplace health and safety measures, or feel free to reach out and contact us.