As part of a real estate transaction, our client was committed to restoration a heavy metal plume to below the applicable Standards. The heavy metals of concern included:
- Copper (maximum concentration of 86 μg/L)
- Cobalt (maximum concentration of 210 μg/L)
- Nickel (maximum concentration of 350 μg/L)
Scope of Work
- Acquired all relevant permits to complete the remediation program.
- Designed and optimized an in- program to maximize treatment efficiencies.
- Implemented a program that minimized capital expenditures and infrastructure.
- Monitored pre- and post-injection treatment parameters.
The Vertex Approach
- Sulphate reduction
- Three injections under moderate pressure
- Injection of multiple compounds
- > 600 kg of EHC-M
- Reactive gas
- Injections completed using:
- Direct push
- Packer and gas delivery system
- Direct Placement
- Sulphate reducing conditions within 5 days
- Remediation objectives meant:
- Copper (within 10 days of injection)
- Cobalt (within 55 days of injection)
- Nickel (within 139 days of injection)
- Record of Site Condition Obtained