Vertex has extensive experience in conducting Remediation System Optimization (RSO) of existing and conceptual remedial systems. Our experience includes both in-situ and ex-situ systems ranging from passive bioremediation to oxidation/reduction to aggressive multi-phase extraction.
Vertex has direct experience in completing optimization programs for:
- Pump & treat with a variety of treatment trains
- Multi-phase and dual phase extraction
- Soil Vapour Extraction (SVE)
- Air sparging
- Enhanced bioremediation programs
- In situ chemical oxidation and reduction programs (ISCO & ISCR)
The Vertex team provides our clients with support from project conception through financing to post-remediation analysis. When conducting a RSO, Vertex evaluates a variety of technical and financial parameters in order to develop more effective clean-ups. Goals of a RSO include:
- Accelerated Site Closure – RSOs can identify prudent cost effective steps to more effectively treat contaminants using innovative technologies and/or more efficient system components.
- Reduced O&M Costs – RSOs can identify cost effective steps to reducing monitoring, operation and treatment costs.
- Reduced Liability – RSOs can aid in reducing potential liability associated with risks resulting from the impacts, both on- and off-site.
- Reduced Liability – RSOs can modify treatment goals for a system directly impacting remedial timeframe and costs.
Vertex combines strong theoretical understanding with practical experience to properly plan and implement the right remedial program for your site. Selecting Vertex to undertake your remediation project allows you to access a wealth of in‑situ remediation knowledge and experience.